ALOMA HIGH SCHOOL 2020-21 SCHOOL REOPENING
Welcome back! Classes begin for Aloma High School Students on Monday, August 10, 2020
Because of the ongoing pandemic, the school will open this year offering 3 learning options* for students to choose from. These options include:
● On-Campus Traditional Face-to-Face: Students who elect this option will attend class on the school campus face-to-face for the daily regularly-scheduled session. As advised by the CDC and for the health and safety of all students and staff, everyone in the school building will be required to wear a facemask at all times. Facemasks will be available for free for all students and guests upon arrival each day.
● Flexible Scheduling: Students who elect this option will log into a Zoom classroom at the start of their instructional session to record attendance and set goals with their teacher. They will then work remotely on their APEX and Reading Plus courses with the ability to log in or call to speak to teachers throughout their session. Students will be required to attend one face-to-face session per week on an assigned day and will be required to wear a facemask while at the school.
● Remote Learning*: Students with a pre-existing condition that makes them at high risk for COVID-19 and students living with someone at high risk may elect this option. These students will also log into their Zoom classroom daily at the start of their session to record attendance and set goals with their teacher. They will then work remotely on their APEX and Reading Plus courses with the ability to log in or call to speak to teachers throughout their session. Students will not be required to come to campus.
*Only Remote Instruction will be available from August 10th-20th. So long as Orange County Public Schools resumes face-to-face instruction on August 21st, students may begin participation in the Traditional or Flexible Scheduling options. In the meantime, students and parents are encouraged to make appointments to come to campus for student-teacher meetings or additional support. Health and safety protocol are in place and will be followed for all staff and guests.
Currently enrolled students/parents will be contacted for a virtual parent/student meeting during which administrators will review all three instructional learning options, school start dates, and the health and safety protocols that will be in place for the start of the school year. Parents/students will then be sent a confidential survey to elect their option.
New students and their parents will be contacted to schedule a mandatory orientation session. Any student/parent not comfortable participating in a face-to-face session will be scheduled for a virtual orientation session. Additional information is located here:
Please watch our website, social media updates, and update calls and texts for the latest information related to the start of school and the 2020-2021 Instructional Calendar. Please do not hesitate to contact the School directly with any questions.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we all work to ensure a safe and productive start to the new school year. Despite the challenges, we are confident in and excited about another successful year preparing our students for success!
Student / Family Resources:
- Parent Portal Access Guide
- Information on Family Medical Leave and Unemployment
- Helpful Resources During Coronavirus Situation
- Food Assistance During COVID-19